Episode 1 – The Alternative Protein Market w/ Good Food Institute’s Mirte Gosker
The alternative protein market in Southeast Asia is a burgeoning industry. In the first episode of Unlocked, Ricky Willianto is joined by Mirte Gosker from the Good Food Institute to talk about trends and disruptions in this market. We tried to answer these questions:
- What are the environmental costs of lab-grown meats? What is Singapore’s stance with regards to alternative proteins & food safety?
- How can government play the role of an enabler to support this industry?
- How do Southeast Asians perceive meat-free option?
- What are the blockers to the alternative protein industry in this market?
- Where are the opportunities that are ready to be unlocked?